Followers

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

DIY Bathroom makeover

I am totally loving the way this turned out. It matches the rest of the decor in my house now. The Before 
This was a builders grade oak last year when I painted it white. Still sooo blah, just not my style. I painted back over the stripes, did a faux granite on the countertop and stained/distressed the vanity. I plan on painting the grout lines, adding a frame around the mirror, adding "feet" to the vanity & some moldings to give it a custom look. 
Yes.. That board and batten IS straight. It's just the angle of the picture. 
I used nothing special on the vanity. I know some had said there's a kit you can buy but I am much too cheap for that. I wanted to use what I had on hand. I used regular sand paper that you can pick up at the dollar store for a $1. Roughed up the edges then stained a couple times with Rustoleum wood stain in Willow. I LOVE the way it turned out. 



2 comments:

  1. Gross. Your house looks like a 80 year old blind nun designed it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did your countertop! The candle really sets it off! You always have the best ideas. You've got me looking for faux fireplaces!!

    ReplyDelete